Saturday, 1 September 2012

Akuma vs. Captain America


Round Three: Akuma (Gouki) vs. Steve Rogers (a.k.a Captain America)
A fighter whom discarded his humanity for more power against the world's first super soldier, but as tough as the Captain is, even his superhuman body is no match against the sixteen hells channeled through Akuma's devastating technique, the "Shun Goku Satsu (Raging Demon)".

There can only be one winner in the clash between the "Final Justice" and the "Raging Demon" .

One clear improvement since the last two from the series is the creation of strong silhouettes and the marking out of the light and dark areas. The upshot perspective angle however is tutor assisted. The painting technique is different from the first two but otherwise, I'm trying to keep the style somewhat similar.

For my lovely viewer's convenience, I've compiled phase one into a single image.


Phase two composites the image for the finished piece. I tend to work in a weird sequence like this, you'd think the final touch ups would be the final thing I do but this is the way I do things.


As you can see the border designs are getting a little more complex each time.

From a simple box with a simple design beneath it (Wesker vs. Hawkeye), to a more curvy, stylised boundary and structured decoration of Temen Ni Gru (Vergil vs. Hulk) to this really wild sparks of the hit animation effect of the Shun Goku Satsu. This definitely slowed my computer down having so many vector points all around the canvas making it not really ideal to work or apply at this stage but I'll get through it.

Phase three is the application highlights and shadow on top of the flat colours for the illusion of depth.


Final finished version at the top of the page. So that should be it. I quite like this one (but I have so much more to go) and I hope the next three will be at least as good if not better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment